AVG Firewall Error - NDIS Driver Missing
If your AVG Firewall is reporting an error, please follow the steps below to manually install the AVG Network Filter
driver and resolve this issue:
- Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard (between Ctrl and Alt) and press R
- In the "Run" dialog box, type "ncpa.cpl" (without the quotes) and hit Enter
- Right-click on Local Area Connection and select Properties
- Click on the Install button, and choose Services then click Add.
- Click 'Have Disk', then 'Browse'
- Browse to and select the following file:
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\Drivers or, on 64-bit windows:
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG2012\Drivers\
- There should be a file beginning with avgfwfd. Double click on this file. (If there are two, disregard the file ending in _m).
- Click OK, then OK again, and then restart your computer, after which the AVG Firewall should be operational.